Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cute babies

April is here; suddenly it seems like little babies have gently tapped their shells and emerged all fresh and darling. And while this is happening, my baby is getting a few teeth- all at once- and has become preoccupied with untangling herself from her car seat. Ahhh...one month until Hattie turns one and I'm feeling more overwhelmed than usual. So much promise up ahead and so many mixed feelings about the year that has passed. I'm so looking forward to having time to myself someday (ha) and so not looking forward to the day Hattie decides to walk. Well, that's not true. I just don't want her to walk away from me.

When Hattie turns one, this blog will be no more. It has been a marvelous journal and a good social media experiment for me. I've enjoyed chronicling this year and so glad I did it. I realize now how fleeting this has been. Before I say, "Gee, I wish I took more pictures," let me share some pictures I took that I'm so glad I have. And a really funny one of me.

Etienne as a baby, now my 11-year-old boy.
Me, expressing my opinion about McDonald's. I've never been one to hold back.
Hattie, as a brand new baby. Just as beautiful as anything can be.





3 comments:

Nana said...

Dear Readers.
I'm the mother of Jennifer, so proud of my baby, as that is what she will always be to me. It amazes me how much love she has for Hattie Jane as now she can realize just how much love a mother's heart can hold. Pride is a good thing when it celebrates a talent. Only God could have made Jen such a terrific writer. She expresses so well what we can only feel, and she brings us all to tears. I love our Hattie Jane whom she and John have so lovingly created. I'm sorry we will not be able to see the blog in the year ahead. I never tire of looking at the pictures and reading the words. Love to all, NanaKay

star3night said...

I'll miss your blog. I guess that means we'll have to have more play dates!

Jen Reed said...

Not to fear. I'll probably start a new blog...