Monday, November 3, 2008

Election eve!

We are on the cusp of one of the most exciting times in American History. To commemorate this event, I visited my toy collection and pulled out this tattered and moldy Hello Kitty. Odd behavior? Maybe. But this Hello Kitty is a symbol of the expectation and hope that parents wish for their children. I wish for Hattie to live a peaceful world, to tolerate others, and appreciate the differences that make us unique. I hope she will express herself, and work to better her community. I am really excited about tomorrow, because what happens tomorrow is something many of us hoped to see in our lifetimes. I am filled with hope and thrilled to share this experience with my daughter, just like my dad must have felt 20-odd years ago when he surprised me with this Hello Kitty doll on the evening that Ronald Reagan was elected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Throw that away, Jennifer. I am afraid it could poison Hattie!!!! I didn't know your dad did that! How nice. Yes, we loved the Republicans we grew up with from Eisenhower on. Your dad was a Goldwater Republican.