Saturday, May 3, 2008



Hattie Jane is just precious. We can't believe she's ours, but it's starting to dawn on us. The first day was so fun- we just took a ton of pictures and enjoyed staring at her. I'm sure anyone who has ever had a baby spent the first day (and many thereafter) just staring at their kid and trying to distinguish features, mannerisms, and so on. Hattie sleeps with one fist propped under her cheek just like her daddy. Hattie makes funny faces that resemble her mom's expressions, according to Daddy. When we first saw her in the operating room, John and I both could not grasp the concept that she was our baby. Our reactions were different than what we had expected (for example, I didn't burst into tears. I was in shock.) I remember my friend Emily telling me that when she saw her daughter, she somehow recognized her. When John brought Hattie over to me, I got to look at her for about five minutes before they were whisked away. I examined her little face and finally I saw her eyelashes. When I realized she had John's eyelashes, I realized she was indeed our baby!

No comments: