Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Princess Problem

Here is an excellently written essay that I found via Apartment Therapy Nursery, or Ohdeedoh, today. For people who do not understand why anything and everything "Disney Princess" irritates me to the point where I'll justify ranting and raving at an Old Country Buffet, read this essay by Deesha Philyaw. She has actually dealt with this problem first hand whereas I have merely prepared to oppose the introduction of anything Disney Princess since the moment of conception. Deesha spells it out better than I can. In summary: I hate Disney. Do not buy Disney products for my daughter. If you do, I will send you a thank you note, then immediately throw it in my Goodwill box. I am not kidding.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Another mommy who gets it! Great article to email all the grandparents. Thanks!
Holly

BTW- Hattie is beautiful!