Monday, September 1, 2008

Finally, Mommy gets her Lucinda fix


I desperately wanted to see Lucinda Williams. Lucinda's double live album was the soundtrack playing when Daddy and I fell in luuuuuvvvv. I'll spare you the details. Anyway, Eddie and Randy have seen her perform before, and I must say, she rocked and was totally awesome, but would have 100% better with a beer. And to say I "saw" Lucinda isn't exactly accurate, either. I saw a female figure on a large stage from where I was sitting with my 4-month old, who absolutely refused to wear her expensive headphones. Luckily, Hattie did consent to wearing a sun hat, and didn't mind rockin' out with her goofy mom at the time, though surely will object to seeing these photos when she's 17.

I wasn't the only old mom dancing and singing to Lucinda while swinging my kid around. Daddy got some sweet video of the other old moms dancing with their kids. And some sweet video of other weirdos that he's saving and sending straight to Randy. (Saggy bikini top lady? Oh yeah.)

No comments: