Monday, September 1, 2008

"We're just a coupla high rollers from the Tri-Cities."





Remember in my earlier post when I alluded to Agent Cooper?

A handful of viewers may remember the David Lynch TV series, "Twin Peaks," starring Yakima's most famous native son, Kyle MacLachan, as FBI Special Agent Cooper. He is sent to a small logging town in Washington to investigate the murder of the town's homecoming queen, Laura Palmer. Scenes were filmed in Snoqualmie Pass and North Bend. I was crazy about that show- I even fashioned a Laura Palmer Halloween costume out of mattress sheeting once! (She was found wrapped in plastic and twine.)

After the mortifying directions incident with the cop, Daddy and I found Twede's Cafe, which used to be called the Mar-T Cafe, part of the reason why I couldn't remember it! This is the place where Agent Cooper fell in love with the cherry pie and "damn fine cup of coffee." They are still banking on that. The hallway to the bathroom is lined with Twin Peaks photos.

Daddy, Hattie, and I enjoyed a late lunch and some cherry pie and coffee.

No comments: